View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Chuck W.

Nothing like waking up an eleven year old post....

New DIY project ..

This is all Qmulus' fault. He sold several items recently and among them were leather roll bar covers, a leather console lid cover, leather side pieces for the rear console and leather pieces just in front of the console. I bought them all. If they were bought from Sunset Porsche they would have cost over $3200. Yeah... right. Qmulus' sold them to me for under $200 shipped. Many thanks for that. Those tacky vinyl ones stood out!!!! Now these new pieces will match the leather door cards and leather 996 instrument cover (thanks qualityporscheparts). I believe I have issues.... my wife knows I do.

Anyway... if I am going to replace the vinyl roll bar covers I might as well remove the roll bar and have it powder coated in Guards Red. Make sense, right?

So I did my due diligence to find out what it takes to get the roll bar out. The best I can find is that the entire roof assembly needs to come out. There were some posts that suggested that the top only has to be partially removed but I am not sure how that works.

So, for those that have been there and done that, what is your best recommendation?

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD

Last edited by Chuck W.; 03-11-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote