View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:55 AM   #6
benjamminfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_pilot View Post
Looks like the overflow drain line for the reservoir. Look at the reservoir from the top and you will see a small hole (about as thick as a pencil). It connects to one of those lines on the side of the reservoir and from there through the firewall and then just down. it's simply a drain line. Check it out with the car off. Just pour some water at the top of that valve and if it comes out ONLY through that one tube, then it is the drainage valve. if that is it, then you have a pressure relief valve problem. If not, then you have a tank leak which can only be solved by replacement.
Don't know what would cause that pressure relief valve to fail, but i guess it could happen. Check the screws (8 I think) that hold the cap down and make sure they're tight. Be careful, they are screwed into plastic - do not torque too much - just "lightly tight". If that's not it, there is an o-ring under that valve. Maybe it could have failed but that is also a long shot.
Other than that, it's beyond my expertise.
And I know about that pressure relief situation because I just went through it. Good luck.
Many thanks!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
benjamminfla is offline   Reply With Quote