Thread: Upgraded Pedals
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
EPIQTodd

The Rennline pedals that we sell are the absolute top quality - these aren't the cheap ebay knockoffs. I've been to four track events and had them for several months of around town driving and not a single rubber knob has even come loose, much less knocked out.

I find FAR more grip on these than the stock rubber boot-style coverings, and in fact they are thinner than the rubber boots on the clutch and brake by about 5mm. I disagree strongly that there is no performance advantage, as why would all race cars have aluminum pedals, and the grip I find is greater, plus the slightly increased surface area on the throttle pedal makes for a better contact patch.

Eslai, yes, the pedal is hinged at the bottom, but if your heel doesn't touch the pedal, it doesn't matter where it is hinged. The Porsche throttle pedal is very sensitive, so putting a pedal extension on it help make it easier for the heel to hit the throttle pedal and do a proper blip. The Porsche pedals are spaced quite far apart compared to other performance vehicles, and until I put on my Rennlines and the lower pedal extension, I couldn't consistently heel-toe while i could in any other manual transmission car I drove. They do make a difference - try it before you knock it.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/pro_boxster_aluminum_pedal_sets.php

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg

Last edited by EPIQTodd; 07-22-2006 at 09:16 PM.
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote