Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 06:24 PM   #17
RevDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Do you have a Lemon Law in your locality? Seems to me, you may have been able to require GM to buy your car back if they could not fix it. That would have been the case here in California.
Yes we do have a lemon law. I started to fill arbitration papers when GM finally agreed to replace the compressor. After finally checking the compressor, the service tech discovered it had no PAG oil in it... either burned or not filled at the factory. I felt it was the compressor all along, but my dealer just didn't believe it.

Now after a year of ownership they are suggesting my sut down procedure is wrong. The car needs to be placed in reversed (2005) when shutting down... I do this religiously. They have replaced the battery, which solves the problem temporarily. All this to avoid Lemon Lawing the car. Each battery keeps draining completely (this issue is often discussed on the Corvette forum, so it's not unique to my car).

The process to actually get GM to compensate me for the value (after depreciation) is unbelivably hard here in NY. GM has already stated that they would not replace the car.

The hassle has been enough to motivate me to get rid of the car. I was completely happy with it for about a month... it was a blast.
RevDice is offline   Reply With Quote