View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Porsche9

Sorry that this happened. Glad it wasn't too bad for you and your wife.

I see this almost daily on my commute on the Loop 101 here in the Phoenix area were some inattentive driver rear ends some one hard enough to push multiple cars together. Just happened to a co-worker the other week were the driver admitted to being on his phone testing. I've been rear ended four times (including in my Boxster) but have never rear ended someone! I've stopped riding my motorcycle because of the risk and from the vantage point of my motorcycle I just saw way too much going on with the driver doing something other then driving. I recently leased a Jetta with 1.4 L TSI motor just for my 12k a year commute because not only is it cheap to drive and gets 40 + mpg it has the highest IHS safety rating possible. It's got lots of crush zone between me and the rear bumper and if I do get hit I won't care about the car. Some people just suck and only think about themselves. In in some ways I don't look forward to autonomous cars but when it comes to inattentive drivers bring it on.

The statiitics bear this out with accident and death rates relates to the automobile going up over the last few years for the first time in decades.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote