View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #16
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Guess all of you guys have a friend/sibling etc .. willing to ride along with you to be able to pick up the Boxster and also bring the other car back.

What's crazy is driving so far with just some "faith" of the Porsche being in the condition as "described" by the seller via words/pic's and getting there finding out you're not interested no more due to whatever issues after looking at it in person.

That would really be upsetting.

From the looks of it here it seems like most of you guys would stay away from dealer's.
Can you shine some light my way as to why that is compared to a private sale?
Again I am not supporting dealer nor private sale but I want to know as much as possible so when I go out hunting I make the right choices.
Given the choice between buying from a dealer or buying privately, everything else being equal, I personally would always choose the dealer. Most dealers (not all) have a reputation to maintain and bad press is not something they seek. If you have an issue, they will normally do their best to help you out.
But in the end, it all comes down to the car and the PPI and sometimes, blind luck.