View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #16
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
i think that is the soln given your sways are not adjustable. you said your understeer is happening at turn-out? if you are getting it at turn-in then perhaps consider a more aggressive rear brake pad (ie pagid yellow front and black rear).
I was just in the garage and noticed I corded my left rear outer edge of the nitto. It was hard to see at the track because it picked up so much dirt in the paddock the whole tire was covered. It cleaned off on the way back on the trailer due to rain. Good thing I switched back to my R-S3 when I did (switched back before the last 2 sessions so I could leave as soon as it was over) funny thing, I could feel.the limit better on the "lesser" tire and ran my fastest laps including a new pb of 1:28.38 (9/10 faster than my previous best)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BcIamsS3jFs

In this lap I am (attempting) using the "double apex" rule from those books: Essentially (paraphrasing) drive the limit between the 2 apices on the limit with no speed reversal between them that lets me optimize my entry and exit. This is why I don't track out to the left edge between 1 & 2 and the right edge in 5. As I get faster i think i will get closer to those edges.

I wonder if stiffer adjustable bars would help keep the car from rolling over on the outer edge so much? Someone recently had some gt3 front bar and tarret rear bar for sale, maybe I should have got it.

My tire wear on the r-s3 is pretty even across the tread but the nt-01 is definitely wearing more on the edges all the way around.

This set of nt-01 is done even though there is tons of tread left on all 4 (with the exception of the 1 corded edge).

Maybe I'll stick to the RS3 for a while as i get comfortable on the limit. I know i said that once before when i sold my R888 i am not enjoying the fact that i corded that tire and i enjoy catching people on "lesser" tires
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote