View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #7
Cbonilla

Garage
Neither. This was a replacement engine saga. The short hand version is I sourced a used engine from LA Dismantler that came with a damaged harness. After two months of back and forth they were finally able to provide me with an undmanged harness to finish the engine swap. This replacement harness (xx-14) from LA-D is the one I was referring to in my question, and it is working just fine even though it had a lower revision number. Interestingly it was from a later Boxster.

My old engine ('03 Boxster S, tiptronic, thus there was no clutch changing to piggy back on and the harness was less common) died from a failed IMS bearing (confirmed by my shop - the old bearing came out in pieces). Someday I'll write up my experience with replacing an engine. It's all working great now, it just took 4 months (during which my original harness suffered rodent damage), two of those months being caused by shortcomings in the replacement engine (missing alternator, exhaust manifolds and starter, damaged wiring harness) and the time it toook to get those shortcomings remedied by the vendor.

Last edited by Cbonilla; 03-04-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Cbonilla is offline   Reply With Quote