View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
bwdz

So 3400 for struts and 1000 for brakes??? Run, don't walk but run away from this shop. For that money I will fly to you with tools and do it for half including upgraded parts. Even with a basic jack in your driveway this would only take a few hours. I can't bring an alignment rack with me so will have to pay someone the $69.95 for the 4 wheel alignment.
On a serious note: if your brakes are low then replace them. It takes no time at all and can be done with a basic tool kit or go to an independent shop and bring them the parts, they should charge around 1 hour labor for the front and 1 hour for the rear so about $200.
Struts, if they are not too bouncy and bottoming out you can wait to do them. They don't take long to do either so probably 3-4 hours labor total and you can search the internet and see how little the parts cost.
If you came to my house and I could use my hoist I could have the struts and brakes down in around 3 hours all together with air tools but shops will charge whatever the listed time is and it is probably listed at longer than it actually takes but not anywhere near the prices you were quoted.
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote