View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
Mr Flat Six

Top will not go up

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my convertible top. It will not go up at all. I washed the car a few hours ago and just got done driving for over an hour. When I got to my destination the top is not going up. No noise or anything. The car was completely dry before I dropped the top. I don't think water got on anything and it's probably just a coincidence. I have noticed my "brake" light did not come on when I pulled up the handbrake but it is fully functional. There was something you have to do but I'm having trouble finding the specifics. I have heard this can cause an issue. I am going to check my fuses and relays which I saw when I searched the forums. If there's anything else that I'm missing I'd appreciate any input. Sorry if I didn't search enough but I'm a bit limited on time. Thanks!

Edit* I have found the issue! Brake light did not come on and I wiggled it side to side and it proceded to light up and turn on. Top went up perfectly after doing this. Looks like I will need a new handbrake switch. I'm honestly a little worried and will probably not operate the top until I replace the switch. Sorry about overreacting a little bit guys. I obviously should've searched a little better before posting.

Last edited by Mr Flat Six; 02-24-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Mr Flat Six is offline   Reply With Quote