View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
Neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
Welcome to the 986 community, Neal. If you want to read up on some common repairs or fixes for the 986/987 we have some great articles below:

Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts

Otherwise, you've come to the right place and I'm sure some of our community members will chime in with some great advice for you. If you ever have any forum or parts questions please do not hesitate to let me know as I am here to help. Enjoy your time here.
Thanks! Just wondering if im looking for a long no maintenance porsche except from the "usual" should i be looking for 2009+ or 2010+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
I would not discount the earlier model Boxsters 99-2003ish. As you stated there is no compelling proof of IMS bearing failures. Find a well maintained Boxster regardless of year and it will last as long as you want it. Regardless of year, basic maintenance or lack of will determine whether or not you have mechanical issues.

Good Luck!
So the 2004-2008 are worse for the IMS?
Also, do all the 2009+ boxter's have a different engine so no IMS issue or only some 2009 like late 2009+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
MIF Bearing???

Want low cost maintenance? Get a Miata
IMS sorry, edited it.
Not interested in the Miata and because i wanted low maintenance costs I was thinking about initially spending more to get the model's that dont have the IMS issue but sadly I don't know exactly which years that would be.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote