View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Neal

Smile ALL info/help GREATLY appreciated! - Student

Hey guys I'm in the market for a porsche boxster.
I've done some research and have gotten multiple different answers for a set of specific questions so needed some concrete answers before going on a hunt for 1.

First of all guys I would like to mention straight off the bat that I am not a very technical person and don't know much about cars at all but what I do know is I simply want a porsche boxster hands down so hopefully ya'll can help me go ahead and make the right purchase : )

1) I have read a-lot about the porsche boxster IMS bearing issue but what I haven't found conclusive proof on is weather or not the 2009 version has the MIF issue or not. Some people have said it has a diff engine so no IMS bearing issue and others have said that only HALF of the 2009 boxster models have the newer engine without the IMS issue while the other half of 2009 has IMS issue. Some strong info with proof would be greatly appreciated here to clarify it for me.

2) If I do go ahead & purchase the 2009 or 2010 boxster I had a question regarding the interior of it. I have watched many youtube video's which suggested the difference between the porsche boxster and the 's' version of it which stated 1 fact that the porsche boxster had cheaply made interior like the plastic dashboard especially for the earlier versions compared to the 's' version of the boxster which isn't cheaply made.
- Is this true? If so, is this the same for the 2009 or 2010 models of the boxster vs boxster s?

3) Like I stated above guys it's going to be my first porsche and I don't know much about cars but there is this one picture of a porsche boxster I saw a long time ago which made me want the car ever since and I was wondering what mod's have made this porsche boxster look the way it looks in the exterior? Is this a boxster? boxster s? what year is this? what mods does it have? how much would it cost approx to make my future boxster look like this?
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

4) From which city/state/dealer would I approximately get the best deal for a porsche boxster?

5) Best 5 web sites for used porsche boxter?

6) Is buying from a used car dealer safer as in do dealer's go through the car and fix it's issues before posting it for sale?

7) From your experience and knowledge what is the CHEAPEST approx I can get a 2009/2010 boxster for with less then 100k miles on it?

The reason I am leaning towards the 2009/2010 boxster is because I have 0 knowledge about cars and I just don't want to deal with big engine issues like the IMS bearing issue because if I ever get it then I will be stuck.

Any extra information you can provide me with a porsche boxster purchase is greatly greatly appreciated as I am completely new to cars period.

I am a medical student & wanted a used porsche boxster to sort of reward/gift myself if I can manage to get 1 in my budget because medical student's go through hell of large debt's.

If ya'll can help a student out with as much information as possible it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Neal; 02-24-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote