View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #781
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Well, the best that I can say is that it could have been worse.

But with that being said, there is still a LOT of damage that needs to be repaired and as you all know, parts and labor isn't exactly cheap and it all adds up faster than one might imagine.

The chassis looks fine but will be checked by a body shop to confirm it's ok. The front hood looks ok too (kind of amazing). The right front suspension is destroyed: adj LCA broke the bolts on the chassis side and snapped cleanly away at the hub. Drop link snapped off at upper mount and tore from lower heim joint. Track arm severely bent. Inner-outer tie rods bent. PSS9 shock may be bent. Right front fender heavily damaged and fender inner liner mostly gone. Both radiators need replacement along with mounting brackets and plastic air ducts. Front bumper cover was in two pieces. Rear suspension cracked. Fuel filler cover gone. Fuel filler tube crushed. Etc...

My primary sponsor (my wonderful wife) gave the go-ahead for the repairs and parts are being ordered as I type. The goal is to get the car back on the track in time for the March 11-12 races at Buttonwillow.

Pics of the car up on the rack for inspection.

Front suspension damage. The right front wheel was pushed back almost to the rear of the wheel well and in doing so, destroyed all of the right front suspension. Coolant lines look ok - both radiators broke off at the upper and lower hose attachments (which are plastic). Front chassis appears fine.

Front suspension is missing LCA and sway bar drop link. Everything else bent. Chassis rail looks straight and appears undamaged but will need to be checked.

Lower control arm snapped off at ball joint/hub.
Attached Images

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 10-21-2017 at 07:09 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote