View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #376
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
I've received and fitted the 15w LED sidelight bulbs. They are a big improvement over the standard bulb but they don't get around the fact they are obscured. The light output is probably OK at night but touch and go whether they would escape attention in a day time test. I just don't know. Could do with an opinion from an MOT testing station, but I don't have a contact to call upon. A couple of rubbish pictures, both at night and one with and one without the phone flash operating.
Would definitely be OK if I hadn't painted the headlight inners black though.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
I'd still be careful bud! They look bright enough, but it does say that the face can't be covered more than 50%. If they look at the headlight and can't see the bulb they may fail you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
Here are a couple of examples of carrear wheels that have been custom painted. Although Ger's are not the single spoke variety you can get the picture. I know with his talent he could put these guys to shame.
They look gorgeous. And thank you I'm still not sure mine are suitable for the colour scheme, so I'm sticking with anthracite.

I went out for about 10 minutes and did a quick sand and polish on one of the spokes, and it came up glossy as hell. I've decided to take the wheels off, re-spray the barrels (in silver), lacquer them so they're easy to clean, then I'll sand and polish the faces back to a perfect gloss. Basically just going to give them a good refresh.

Anthracite looks amazing on this black Boxster:

But it's a slightly different shade. I love the shade on that and on the wheels you've posted, so I may have to re-do them in another shade of anthracite, preferably one with a high metallic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
I like, they look the business to me.

Could this be done DIY successfully?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
It can. If your alloys are already silver, tape up the edges, spray with primer, then base coat, remove the tape, then lacquer so that the edges are protected.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote