View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #15
Luccia at Pelican Parts
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
Thanks for closing the loop on this one! Guess I'll bite the bullet and get mine changed out too.

Did you buy the Hub extractor kit ($379) from Pelican as well, or did you use something else? Thinking of pulling the trigger on the kit to ensure I can do the job easily without issue (only car and daily driver so can't afford any "snags").

Anything else you recommend getting while "in there" - I was thinking: axle nut, a new CV boot, some of the boot clamps, and maybe grease (what type)?? Not sure what parts I would need in entirety to DIY this.

Do you have a link to the axle nut on Pelican's site?
If you need help we do have our DIY here: Porsche Boxster Wheel Bearing Replacement - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article.

A new CV boot is a good idea while you're in there, especially if it's an older boot. We have a complete axle boot kit that includes grease and everything you'll need for your 986 here: 2000 Porsche Boxster Base Convertible - Axles, Bearings & Differential - Page 1. We also have the wheel hub nut here (scroll down a little): 2000 Porsche Boxster Base Convertible - Axles, Bearings & Differential - Page 1. Let me know if you have any questions.
Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote