Thread: I got nailed
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #64
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
What you consider yourself is really of little consequence.
Okaaaay. I've just deleted about 15 responses to that comment. So I'm just going to move on.

Of course you're assuming that speeding in that area is a concern. In my experience, that generally has nothing to do with it. I watch the cops set up a speed trap outside of my office window around once a week. And, I have to tell you, they ain't going all that fast out there. But, the location does have a good feature which is that you can't see the cops but they can see you.

You really think that traffic engineers set the speeds for most roads? They're typically mandated by area. Hell, the cops don't even obey most of the speed limits. Which has got to tell you that the arbitrary limit for that area is too low.

"The mother of the kid on the tricycle"? Nice. If that kid's on a tricycle on the highway then it ain't me who should be getting a ticket. And, I already stated that I do believe it's criminal to drive at unsafe speeds for the conditions - that most certainly includes down residential streets...

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top