View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
B6T

Thanks for the reply!

So your advice is to mount the tweeters in the kick panels rather than in the door panels or in the upper dash?

Our setups seem pretty similar. I'm actually using the same Alpine amp as you and running the wiring to the speakers through the factory wiring, after de-pinning from the amp plug. How did you end up mounting and securing your amp?

Here is the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS mounted. I used the new Metra 99-9605B mounting kit, which also includes the parts to relocate the HVAC to the lower panel. I believe I may be one of the first to get this kit, I hadn't come across it at all in my research and I think it was released only in November. Although it had a minor scratch when it arrive in the package, overall I'm happy with it. It fits well and I think it looks great:

Here is the driver's side woofer of the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs mounted. The original Bose speaker had three mounting bosses so I needed to dremel out the opening to accept the larger speaker basket. I applied a thin film of silicon sealant to seal the back of the speaker to the enclosure, and also filled in a few gaps with the same sealant to make it air tight.

As I mentioned, I removed the original Bose woofers from the enclosure and replaced them with a pair of Dayton Audio DC130B-4, which only cost $28 each. They are wired in parallel and I'm going to be running them from the rear bridged output of the 4 channel amp (effectively making this a three channel system). I needed to notch the mounting holes since the mounting PCD of the old speakers was a big bigger than the new ones.

Dayton Audio vs. Stock Bose:

Mounted:
B6T is offline   Reply With Quote