View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #2
dsallean

Having just completed this project, including removing the actuators to replace the pads (or brakes as I think Porsche calls them) this is all very good information and helpful to have in one location. I ended up making my own special Porsche tool 9624 and cam retainer tool and LH threaded rod tool for compressing the actuators. I ordered the LH parts a few weeks in advance of needing them so not a problem for me to wait for oversees shipping. The tools are not difficult to fabricate but ordering the tool kit would make things easier. I had time so I thought I would try and make the tools in advance while waiting for some parts to be delivered to get the project going.

It really is tight on bank 1 and it would have been easier with the cat removed but I just made it work. Some of the 23 bolts on the cover can best be accessed from topside as well. Doing bank 2 next I was relieved to have the additional access. I used the Porsche OEM Loctite 5900 sealant for the cam covers and removing the old sealant was a chore. I found out that you can't just go to the autoparts store and buy gasket remover anymore (at least in my area) so I had to order it online and wait for the shipment. I used the remover and a plastic scraper so as not to damage the aluminum surfaces for resealing.

Thanks Gelbster

Last edited by dsallean; 02-16-2017 at 06:09 AM.
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote