View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
rexcramer
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
I drove the car on Sunday afternoon. What a beast. Needless to say (but I'm gonna anyway) what a departure from my 97. It has an IPD plenum, Protomotive ECU upgrade, the mufflers have been opened up an altered with a Dream 1 exhaust tip. So it breathes really freely. Not overly loud.

The P-Zeros with spacers and the Bilstein's make for a car that handles really well. It is stiff but not harsh.

Manually shifting the PDK is gonna take some getting used to. (I know, boo-hoo) They are a sliding forward back thing on the wheel instead of paddles. Very different from the 97 Tip buttons. I wonder if there is an update to a more current paddle steering wheel? In auto/sport mode, you just mash the peddle and hold on. I can't imagine ever driving it in Sports+. 2.5 L/200 HP to 3.4 L/+/-340 HP is night and day. This car moves. I need a good DE soon.

We agreed on a price. The mechanics I spoke with tell me the seller is 'meticulous' in how he maintains his cars. Short of a small bump on the right rear, this car is very clean. Plan to pick it up this weekend.

Thanks again for everybody's input.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote