View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #43
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldcity View Post
So I just did this. First, I tried removing the vent panel on the left of the dash. Got the two torx screws out. Then stuck because could not remove the headlight switch to save my life. No screw on it as described earlier in this thread. Decided to scrap the whole idea of removing that panel. Once underneath, the vent tube pops right off. I removed the wiring easily enough. Orange paint flaked right off the screws without issue, just used a small flathead screwdriver to lightly scrape it. After trying various sizes of screwdriver and getting frustrated, I ended up just trying a flathead hex bit without anything except my two fingers. It worked fine and the screws came right out. The worst part was getting the vent tube back in, actually. I fiddled with it for ten minutes until I figured out the best way to do it. The 90 degree piece that is close to the door should be lifted up just enough to slide the tube on, otherwise the tube will never really get all the way under it.

Total time, start to finish, including fiddling with neg battery cable: about 55 minutes. What a difference it makes though, the key is great now. Thanks for all the contributions in this thread, they helped me get a simple but annoying job done right.
You should be able to do it in 5 minutes next time.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote