View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
TeamOxford
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
I have an opportunity on a 2009 S from a friend in my PCA group. The car has 25K on the ODO. He is asking just below book for it with nothing added for the aftermarket options that cost +/-$9K. He has all the receipts/paperwork/history from day one.

Factory Options are PDK, 19" Carrera S wheels, BiXenon's, Bose, Sports Chrono + lesser items. Aftermarket Options are IPD Plenum, Protomotive ECU, Bilstein PSS9 + others. All of this work was done by a local, well regarded, indie shop.

I will be test driving it this weekend. My concern is it may be a bit stiff for a street/daily driver.

Besides the PPI mantra, what else should I be concerned/looking/asking about on a 987.2?
An '09 S with Sport Chrono and PDK (hopefully with paddle shifters) is an absolute rocket ship when driven in "Sport" mode.

If you let your emotions rule, I can't see how you could walk away from buying it.

There was some buzz on the 'net a while back about possible engine problems in the early 9A1 engines. You could do a search on that.

But I've driven an '09 with almost the exact same specs as this car, and I was HUGELY impressed. Yes, it was THAT good. In fact, I alerted the owner to advise me when he gets ready to sell.

Just sayin'...........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote