View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #8
Jgkram

Spring

Thanks for checking on the spring thing. I'm not an electrical type guy but I think I convinced myself it must be important. When I was taking off the driver side trim plate, I removed the lever that actuates the seat back. I then "tested" the small white knob on the switch itself and could not get the seat back to move. Just for giggles, I placed the lever back on the plate with the spring in contact with the plate, and the switch worked! What's up with that?

The refinishing Is going well and is still in process. I stripped all of the rubbery coating off of both sill plates and seat trim plates. What a pita! I decided to treat the sill plates with C Quartz DLUX ceramic coating. It's tough as nails and lasts forever. The sills turned out really nice. Deep black with a satin finish. The seat trim plate, when stripped, turned out to be a gray color instead of black. I didn't like the way it looked on black seats so I have decided to plastidip it in black with a glossifier coating on top. It should be ok as it doesn't take a lot of hits. Check back in next week and I'll have photos posted.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote