View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #1410
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by batshapedheart View Post
Why are the angel eyes no longer an option?
Because I'm Out of Stock

Seriously. Those angel eyes have somehow managed to upgrade themselves to a single point of failure (SPOF). In the sense that some fellas 'occasionally' buy these projectors simply because they have angel eyes. That is all fine, nothing wrong there. The problem comes if/when one or more AE fail. The product is therefore discredited. Hence the word 'single' in point of failure. And my responsibility is to quickly eliminate this - if you want to hear the real reason bud.

I already hear you say "but-but-but source better and engineer smarter", which is fair enough, however the truth is whether LED comes from China or Golden Country, kept cooled or not, they remain what they are, a risk. A risk which is not directly linked to the core functionality of the kit.

I'd like to focus on what these kits really are (i.e. the original concept) which was: "A quick and affordable way to modernize the look of your Porsche Boxster (or 911) while providing better light distribution over stock halogen". That is exactly what started the idea and I desperately want to go back to it. Hell, you even get a fully personalized laser script in the package lolll

Beside simplify the design, next step really is to find effective ways to make them available to everyone. To the guys with and without DIY experience. Whether this involve getting a custom BOSCH headlight-housing harness professionally designed, HD video productions of installation procedures, or both, this is what I'll need to work hard on instead. Not wasting any more time to find creative ways to make them look cool'er.

They are already super duper cool!