View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Ah, a man with high standards. I've never respected you more than today!

I wish I had put my wife through this kind of litmus test before we married. It's my only complaint... she's simply not enough of a car person to avoid door dings by parking away from other cars.

But in her defense, she will tell me that she purposely parked close to the front doors because she didn't feel safe walking across an empty parking lot. You gotta bite your tongue when you hear that. Her safety is more important than any automobile.

I daydream of trading my 10 year old Lexus in on a new body style CPO BMW 530i, which will happen next year I think. But, I will have nightmares about her ability to get at least one door ding in a pristine car within 30 days of ownership.
Oh yes, the wifey. I've had my Boxster for over a year now and have yet to add any bumper scratches or door dings. My wife got her car and within a week there was a dent in the bumper. Any my Boxster is no garage queen either - I drive it every day year round. My old old Jeep? Great condition after 10 years. My wife's Grand Am? Gave it away after 10 years....

What seems to have saved the Boxster from mysterious dings after my wife drives it is - well, she doesn't drive it. That's not to say she's not allowed to drive it, because she is. But, I've found that she no longer wants to drive a manual. So, if your wife is the same way - maybe that's the way around it - unless this is a replacement for "her" car....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote