View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
Porsche9

These cars are old enough were dealers in general don't want them on their lot and just send them to auction. Add to this that sports cars in general are not in fashion and prices are finally dropping. It guys like us that appreciate these cars that keep the prices as high as they are. What 10 year old car is still worth this kind of money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
IMHO, the buyer's market for a used Cayman is especially HOT right now.

In Dallas, and in other major metropolitan areas like Miami, Atlanta, Phoenix, LA, etc., asking prices for early Caymans are very attractive; and within the range of a good 986 a few years ago.

For between $15K-$25K, one can pick up a pristine example of the marque, MY06-MY08, in both base and "S" configuration.

My guess is that the factory dealers are offering such low trade-in values that private owners are willing to part with their Caymans at very reasonable prices. And I'm referring to excellent examples with full records that can pass a PPI without breaking a sweat.

The 986 is a GREAT car; I LOVE my Boxster, but after driving my wife's 987 Cayman a few times, I realize that the Cayman is not just a Boxster tintop.

Just sayin'..............

TO
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote