View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
Rondog

Parallel Universe - has this ever happeded to YOU!?!?!

Pulled in to a local java hut this morning (not my usual one) for my morning jolt and lo and behold, parked crooked across two spots is an exact replica of my 05 987S -- ok it wasn't EXACTLY the same -- ( he had deambered the front markers...) but it was a very close impersonation....

My first thought was DAMN!!!!! THAT IS ONE FINE RIDE!!!

Now... the amusing thing about this was the question in my mind of whether or not i would be able to spot the owner in the shop... Keep in mind--most SBUX in OC @ 7am are packed full with caffiene junkies so i had quite a cast of characters from which to choose.

I don't mind admitting i was quite hopeful that i wasn't a chix --especially a big woman--and i also didn't want it to be some senior clinging to the last vestiges of his youth....(The former for obvious reasons and the latter cuz it hits just a little too close to home) Anyway, i quickly narrowed it down to two --- A guy in his late 20's early 30's, -- or a guy in late 30's to mid 40's -- both looked professional, but the older guy exuded a definite air of coolness..... (oh yeah..the younger guy ordered a frou frou venti, frappe, soy vanilla double shot fagarino or something like that.... ) So of course, i guess on the side of coolness... and of course i am right on the money.

Circumstances prevented me from talking to the guy, but he did see me in mine as we pulled out of the lot-- we both smiled knowing we had knowing best looking vechiles around....not to mention that Steve McQueen cool.

SOME MISC COMMENTS:
Of course it is my personal opinion, but i don't like taking 2 spots to park...esp in a lot with limited spaces-- i think it perpetuates the myth of P owners being self-important pricks--- but to each is own and hey! maybe i'll think different after i get my first ding. One other comment--no offense meant towards the older guys--as i am sure i am considered in their camp by many of the younger set -- just dont ever wanna be "the old guy acting like the young guy" -- so shoot me if you ever see me in baggy pants and giant designer labled sunglasses

RONDOG

2005 987S
BLK/BLK
PASM
SPTS CHRONO +
PCM w NAV
19" CARRERA S

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...P4724Large.jpg
Rondog is offline   Reply With Quote