View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 AM   #35
fishski

JFP, I mistyped/misspoke. I understand the support bars are on top of the plate and you have to take them off before you can take the plate off. My question which i was not clear about is this. If the purpose of drilling the hole is so you don't have to drop the plate to access the drain plug and the support bars are on top of the plate, can you access the fill plug without taking either the bars or the plate off? Or, do you have to take the bars off either way but can levee the plate on? Obviously I have never done this before so if my question seems stupid (and it might be) thats why. I've done a bunch of stuff on the car myself (plugs, AOS, bleed brakes, belt, pulleys, alternator, etc.) with no issues to give you a gauge of my abilities. I am absolutely not a professional mechanic. I am probably over cautious. If I had someone close and not have to drive 30-45 minutes I would use an indie for a lot of this stuff.