View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #17
WorkInProgressK

Worst case. Probably isn't the right FOB.

I have the same issue. From what I read on the WWW, they have a life span. Over a certain number of uses they lock themselves or stop working(not sure which is true). Just like butt dialing, you can ?key dial?. That is the most compelling reason I have seen.

You can purchase a new one for around 125$. But to have it programmed by an Indy-tech, you need the immobilizer codes. Allegedly you can get them at the dealership. This is where I stopped. I haven't gotten around showing up at a dealer yet.

I believe the Pro version of the durametric can program also, which is what most indy- techs have I presume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
The key works manually, starts the car etc but the remote buttons don't work. Sent it away to be physically refurbished so pretty sure the hardware is OK. Forget exactly what I have tried, it was a while ago but suggestions such as putting it in the lock and turning it whilst holding various buttons etc has not 'reprogrammed' it.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
I just wanted to add. The key has an RFID for the mechanical side. That should be very easy to duplicate because of the nature of the function. To be honest tapping into the RFID system & tumbler with aftermarket FOB would be more cost effective in the long term. A screwdriver with the proper RFID would start the car.
1987 325IS (Soon to be Spec E30 racecar)
2001 GSXR-600 (Almost warm outside!)

Last edited by WorkInProgressK; 01-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.
WorkInProgressK is offline   Reply With Quote