View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
KevinH1990

Picked Up Hard Top - Storage Options?

I drove 600 miles round trip this weekend to pick up the hard top I bought on eBay. The seller wouldn't ship and would only deliver it 100 miles, so it was a good excuse to take the Boxster on a road trip.

It's from a 98, so it has the "ears" on it. The seller took great care of it. It had one very minor scratch on it, and it's missing the plastic cover for the windshield header latch. It will probably need some minor adjustments since it was a tight fit - the seller and I had to put it on and take it off three times before we could get the spin locks to engage.

Now I'm thinking about the storage issue. I had a hoist for my Miata hard top, and I never trusted it. It looked too flimsy. So, I'm thinking of using the Porsche wall rack to store it. Does anyone have any pictures or suggestions for fabricating my own version?

I found a plan for a hard top cart that looks fairly easy to make, so that's another option.

I'm willing to consider all opinions.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote