View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
boggtown

Alright. Here is what I did. I used a dremel with the re-enforced (fiber glass) cut off wheels. I also went through 20 heavy duty cut off wheels so Id recomend the re-enforced ones. First thing you do is buy a new tip (it will be whatever you want, but remember you will be cutting it so unless it becomes duals right at the end it wont work, you'll see in the pic), then you cut off the existing tip on the muffler. There are 4 welds (2 inside the tip closest to the outside and 2 on the underside of the tip to the actual muffler). Id recommend cutting the inside ones first because they are the easiest, then just go to town cutting away at the line of weld. You will know when you got everything(on your first side) when it is easily movable... like you can pull the side away from the muffler, there are like 2 layers... so you might think your done, but keep cutting untill you can see air between the 2 pieces of metal. Same for the other side and it should just slide off. Now hold it close to the tip you bought and free hand the curve and cut your line (this is where I ran out of re-enforced wheels and used 20 "heavy duty" ones). My tip went on snug enough that I drove to the muffler shop with no problems and had it welded on. My muffler guy welded it from the inside so it has 3 little spots on the outside of the tip where the heat messed up the finish(one on bottom, then 2 sides, hardly noticeable untill you get under the car). Id rate the difficulty a 4 out of 10, it will take some time depending on your grinder(dont worry if you cut holes in your muffler, the guy will just weld them up when you get the tip on)