Thread: HPDE signups
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 01:02 PM   #4
steved0x

Chin is great, you typically get a 30 minute warmup under standing yellow, then 4 30 minute session, then a 1 hour open track session at the end. MVP Track time is also great, you typically get 2+ hours of track time with them as well.

Chin's groups are:
Green - equal to all PCA groups up through intermediate solo (point by on the straights) For my PCA group that includes Green novice instructed, blue instructed and solo, and white intermediate solo.
Blue - equal to Advanced PCA groups, passing anywhere with point by
Red - in my opinion, above most PCA groups (based on ride alongs with instructors in PCA groups where I saw plenty of trains including one caused by my driver), full course passing with point by with the expectation of an *immediate* point by the moment a car comes on you, and if you cause a train you are moved back down to blue.

Other non PCA groups I have run with are not as good, either it is choked with cars and you get no clean track or else not run well and you barely get any track time. NASA SE at Road Atlanta fits both of these, choked with so many cars and 4 twenty minute sessions that were cut short and I got only 5-6 hot laps each session and probably only a handful of clean laps the whole weekend. I won't be back with them When I ran at Road Atlanta with MVP Track I had some much track I left early on Sunday because I had enough...

Last edited by steved0x; 12-31-2016 at 01:09 PM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote