View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #18
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
Ok success!

24mm deep six sided socket (this was sacrificial for me) with BFH.
Pull wheel off, start at front of liner and remove screws, pops, nuts and torx fasterners.
find cable on other side of headlight (use small screw driver to create a T handle and not cut fingers), pull pretty hard.
Open hood, disconnect battery wait 20 mins for good measure (re-route cable to tow hook thru removed passenger light while waiting), re-attach battery and presto; remote works again,

I didn't change anything in the handle (just the black electric latch attached to the edge of the door with 2 triple square bolts) and I did re-attach the little stud with the snap over collar. Maybe I didn't get the paddle in the receptacle? I'll have to look at that next.
Good Work! Now take the lock lug bolt key and remove the other wheel locks and toss them, then have Woody send you 4 lug bolts to be rid of the locks 4EVER!!!!

And yes if you don't remember reaching in and guiding the paddle home then I'd say that will solve the key issue.

You might pull the trim panel between the bumper and frunk and see if somehow the manual release cable is stuck in the unlatch position. But all in all seems to be a successful de-fubaring!
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote