View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
rjusher

Help on non functioning gauge and indicator lights

Hello forum- I had to replace the ignition and locking mechanism on my 2001 Boxster S at 60k. Gauge cluster had to come out to accomplish this. Work went smooth w/o incident, however, after all was reassembled and power was reconnected a few interesting quirks surfaced relating to the cluster: Fuel gauge does not register and reserve light flashes, LED oil level gauge not working-it blinks and then goes away after a minute or two- no reading on oil level though, windshield washer reservoir low level warning light is illuminated but reservoir is full, turn signal indicators and high beam indicator in gauge face not working but external lights function fine. I imagine that OBDC error codes may have been thrown when gauges were removed, leaving battery disconnected again after initial reconnect did not clear any of this. Thoughts and experience sharing on this issue are greatly appreciated. Would prefer not to have to purchase Durametric enthusiast tool to resolve if possible, plus my laptop is a Mac and their software needs a Windows PC... Thanks in advance all- much appreciated! New design ignition switch/lock is now working great though

Bob
rjusher is offline   Reply With Quote