View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Let's see... The car's had zero problems in 25,000 miles, but you're whining like a little girl, threatening to sell it and attempting to save others from a similar fate by pointing them in the direction of other marques? Do I have this right so far?

The 240z? Fun car...until it was a week old and had to be junked because the body rusted off of it.

This is far too ridiculous to continue. Sell the car. I'll miss you.
Please come to understand Jim's(MNBoxster) standpoint. He has driven and raced more cars then anyone of us probably,so he has his reasons for his actions. Jim has helped me to understand my Boxster,and cars in generally more then anyone else has,and I havent even met him in person. I can tell you that he KNOWS HIS STUFF, and doesnt B.S. us.
Ant, let me give you my opinoin. I have a 99 with almost 55k on it. I wouldnt take back 1 mile that I have put on it. It was my first car I bought,so I will always be biased towards it no matter what anyone says. I have gone through a Mass Air Flow Sensor($230) which was the previous owners fault,ran a dirty K & N air filter for too long. Granted it can be ALOT to maintain but that can be minimized with learning how to D.I.Y. I have changed my air filter,oil filter,oil,brake pads,serpentine belt,cabin filter all for $220,the stealership charges $180 for oil change,go figure. There is ALOT that you can do to make the car practical to maintain and troubleshot if any problems arise. Just make sure you have a credit card in case something brakes on it in the middle of no where. As always we are here to help and guide,so let us know if you have any questions we wont sugar coat our answers.