View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #31
BoomerRoadie

Hold the phone a second...I have a question for you guys about bleeding the brakes.

Initially, I will remove say 90% of the old brake fluid out of the reservoir and then connect up the pressure tank with the new fluid. I understand the bleed process fine, but my question is at the back end of the process.

Once I'm done with the bleed, I'd expect to have some fluid remaining in the pressure tank and the lines between it and the reservoir cap (I'll start with 1 liter in the pressure tank on new fluid). As I release the pressure on the tank slowly, I'd expect the fluid to start filling the reservoir a bit, not a lot, but some. Then, when the pressure is off and I remove the pressure cap, I should (I BETTER) have some fluid in the reservoir. At this point do I simply refill the reservoir?

Now here is a technical point. I will be changing ONLY the front pads on this job, the rear pads are ok for now. If I understand this stuff correctly, I SHOULD NOT refill the reservoir back to the MAX line, but more closely to what the system started at, level wise, before I started anything.

Is that correct?
BoomerRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote