View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
xoo00oox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdz View Post
Hope you get it to work. Did you already install the engine? Any pics of how it sits in there. Seems like it is longer and taller. I actually have both (own a TT and Boxster) and must admit that I can totally see why you would want that engine in there as my TT will blow the doors of even a S with just slight mods on the 1.8. I built an all forged 2.0 stroker (integrated engineering kit) that is going in next with a big turbo so that I can give TT911s a run for their money. Boxster remains stock as to build to the level that the TT is would cost 3 times as much. Besides, Boxster is a nice handling slow cruiser while the TT is a zippy daily commuter with a much nicer and more comfortable interior.

I do have it in. It is capable of moving the Box around the yard. I still have finishing up to do.
I tied the exhaust into the stock muffler annd decided it's way too quiet. I want a little noise to have some fun with it. The cooling system is all tied in. The intake system is mostly done, I have the intercooler behind the left scoop and air filter behind the right scoop.
I own a VW/Audi shop in upstate NY, I work on a lot of Vanagons. I love these engines. We put 1.8t engines in them too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0EQ9XMA4TE

I was very close to putting a TDI Diesel engine in this car, even had one in place as a mock up.

I'll try to post some pictures if anyone is interested.
xoo00oox is offline   Reply With Quote