View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #9
jb92563

Just did mine in August.

Order the special bolt bit early and ask whether your Sacks clutch will come with an alignment tool. Mine did not but I ordered one for $13. Its plastic and works fine.

Put each Transmission bolt in a baggy and label it as you go.

Disk dust is nasty so put down a plastic sheet as it does not like to come out of the concrete that easy unless you pressure wash it out.
Take a picture of yourself with the black "War Paint" on your face, arms etc. You'll be able to laugh about it when you are done and cleaned up. You'll have earned a solid DIY mechanic reputation looking like that.

The procedure to test the DMFlywheel is very easy and will save you lots if you don't need to replace it. When your ready we can tell you what to do to test it once the clutch/transmission is out. Its in the Bentley manual as are all the proper torques and bolt dimensions if you happen to get them mixed up.

Replace the throwout bearing when doing the clutch whether you think it needs it or not. It comes with the Sachs kit.

Its a pretty easy job if you take your time, go slow and carefull. Remember safety first on a car on stands. I put the rear tires under the car next to the stands just in case of the unthinkable, like an earthquake or an ooops.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote