View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #43
Propes

Great work 78F350. I have needed to do this job for the past 2 years also and have been studying the excellent write-up that Meir had done. I do not even pretend to a mechanic but I have done simple jobs such as replacing a radiator, brakes, alternator, starter ect.. on my other cars. For some reason I have been scared to get tools anywhere near my 99 Boxster. The only thing I have attempted so far is re-soldering the micro-switch on the top latch and I recently replaced the top assembly so I could have a glass rear window. Both of those went fairly successfully.

I was going to attempt the frunk entry repair method next weekend but I am still very nervous about my ability to pull it off successfully. Now this morning I see you have presented another possible solution.

I am hoping I can have some more details and opinions was to how to tackle this job.

1. How difficult is it to remove the front dash console?
2. What would I have to modify to the console area to gain access to this. (I replaced the radio in the car about 5 years ago but I do not remember what it looked like inside there).
3. What did you use to cut the vent and how likely is it I would damage other parts when I tried to cut into it.
4. Why kind of tape did you use to seal everything back up as I know heat can loosen adhesive over time.

Thanks for any advice that anyone can share.

William
Propes is offline   Reply With Quote