View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 AM   #19
Dr. Acula

I'm assuming this car does not belong to the OP. There may be some horrible defect that is not disclosed in the ad - bad AOS, torn top, trashed seats, obvious paint repairs, hidden damage under the bra, smells like mold, etc... "Runs and looks great" tells you essentially nothing about the actual condition of the car. Maybe there's something scaring away the people who see it in person? Sometimes what the ad *doesn't* say is more important than what it says.

There is an art to making good Craigslist ads. This seller could use some assistance.

The poorly written ad reads like this to me: "I've owned this car for 5 months and had to throw a bunch of money at it. Here's a few examples of the kind of money you can blow on this thing [...]. Now I'm dumping it to buy something else. It runs, and it looks okay in the shady photos I took under the porch. Either I don't care enough about this car to remove the bra and take good pictures, or I'm hiding something." Not that any of that is true, but that's how it reads.

At least he didn't put his thumb over the license plate in the photos. :-)
Dr. Acula is offline   Reply With Quote