View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:27 AM   #12
CrisZenithBlue

Ok so i got confirmation from KW that this is indeed the correct set for the 986 and the reason why V2 isnt offered on their website anymore is because it was discontinued at the beginning of this year. I imagine some dealers out there still have it in stock that's why you can find it. According to them Variant 1 and 3 are currently available for the 986 but V1, 2, and 3 have all used the same springs front and rear with no helpers. The damper itself is the only change in the valve adjustments and in the case of the V3 it has external reservoirs. Aside from that all 3 systems are very similar.

They said it's simply not intended to be used at the vehicles original ride height and that's not just because of the springs but because the shock itself is shorter.

Well that's good news i guess as it would have been a pain to replace everything. My next move is to play around with the settings to find the sweet spot. Luckily the previous owner who had these on his Boxster sent me the settings he had where he was not bottoming out so i'll try those this weekend.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again to all for your helpful advice! I swear i would hate owning the Boxster if it wasn't for this helpful bunch on here!

Cheers!

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote