View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #17
MARTHA

I love stories like these, I believe I was born to race because I love it, so like I said I love the stories.

I have a Miata with a factory body kit and few people actually recognize it as a lowly Miata, people assume it is something exotic, especially when I have the hardtop on, people are always asking what is it and how fast is it.

So needless to say ricer boys that couldn’t outrun a yugo are always wanting to race.

And now that I have the Boxster people still rev their engines at me. I think maybe they see me in a sporty car and are teasing the old lady. You don’t think they see me as the little old lady from Pasadena do you?

Last week I took a few days and drove every twisty country lane I could find in NorthWest Arkansas and SouthWest Missouri. At one point while on a 4 lane highway I had a sedan of some sort (I think it was a Beemer) pull up behind me, so my knowing a two lane road was just ahead I slowed down trying to get him to pass, instead he slowed way down and fell back, then just as I got to the end of the highway I looked in my rearview mirror and there he was, he had ran upon me going into the twisty road. Clearly he wanted to play, I drove increasingly harder through the twists and turns and he obviously tried to hang with me for a time but then I didn’t see him again. Was he trying me or was it all in my head, who knows but it sure was fun anyways.

Yesterday I also had a VW bug rev his engine at me, I just gave him a big smile.

Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny, Go
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote