View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
bwdz

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but I haul my grandson around in my Boxster with the help of a center lap belt from a 97 Chevy Malibu (first car I saw in the junkyard that had the lap belt I needed and was clean as if no one rode in back seat). I just removed the seat, shaved down the bushing where the buckle attaches to the seat and where the belt attaches in the corner so that I could run both buckles and both belts, lap belt for child seat and regular belt for regular size passengers. I basically have both belts installed in the factory position using the factory seat belt bolts and the only thing modified is the little spacer on the bolt which I shaved to accomodate the thickness added for the second belt. The seat I got can be used with a standard 3 point belt but it tightens much better with just the lap belt. I remove the plastic mesh in the roll bar harness and secure the top child seat harness to that. The information that I found says air bag must be deactivated if he is less than 12 inches from bag, he is nearly 30 inches when seated so I don't bother.
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote