View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
AZ986S

Camber for Street and occasional Track/AutoX

So far I've done 2 Autocross events and 1 HPDE event in Phoenix and enjoyed it very much. The issue I have is that I am getting tire wear on the outside on all 4 tires (Michelin Super Sports) due to not enough negative camber. So I have been looking at various options to be able to adjust for more negative camber in front (and rear) for events, but then be able to fairly easily go back to a "not too aggressive" street-able camber setting (drive to and from events). I can get maybe -0.75 degrees in the front from the stock strut tower adjustment. That one is easy, but does not give me enough neg camber. I could get camber plates, but the street ride will suffer (harsh). I could get the GT3 adjustable control arms, but my wallet will suffer . For the rear, it looks like there are eccentric bolt adjustments for the control arms, but that would require a shop alignment every time...

What is my best option without spending lots of $$$? Buying a camber level alignment tool and diy? Good for the rear maybe, but can I get more neg camber in the front if I elongate the tower slots?

Edit: oh and I have stock suspension.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-13-2016 at 10:30 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote