View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #46
jb92563

Just to wrap this thread up nicely, I have driven it 60+ miles now and the new clutch is awesome.

The old one used to have a bit of a stutter when shifting from 1st to 2nd under heavy acceleration and that is completely gone now.

The shifts are very positive, smooth and crisp now. Better than when I first got it ~30k miles ago.

As a side benefit I also eliminated the occasional starter squeal, because while I had the transmission out I pulled the starter gear out a bit and squirted lithium grease behind the starter gear.

Another benefit was that I was able to positively identify the IMS being of the 2 row bearing variety by identifying the IMS retainer casting model as shown in the thread.

In summary it was an easy DIY if your not in hurry. If you are in a DIY hurry you could probably get it done in a day with your home tools and Jack stands.
Even faster your second time around.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote