View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:02 PM   #11
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Yes, deduct for Tip. The price guides are not in touch with the actual mkt when it comes to Tip value. It subtracts value vs a manual.

I was able to buy the 08 base Box on ebay earlier this yr for $1K less than my max bid. I think the fact it was a Tip kept bidders away. I'm sure that's why I sold it for $1500 less than it should have sold for (40K mi, 1 owner, no accident nice car). I knew Tips were less valuable than manuals going into the transaction, but the mkt bore it out. I'd never driven a Tip before, but I was impressed with it driving it back to OMA. It was better than I thought it would be. I haven't driven a 986 Tip, so don't know if there were differences between the 987 version. Bottom line is the value is less than a manual.
I would disagree....there were less tips built, while at the same time, the pool of buyers is larger for tips due to many peeps not being able to drive stick shift anymore. Supply and demand. Smaller supply, larger demand equals higher value.