View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:53 AM   #9
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Deduct for tiptronic???? That makes no sense. KBB still adds for automatic. Bigger target audience for auto.....
Yes, deduct for Tip. The price guides are not in touch with the actual mkt when it comes to Tip value. It subtracts value vs a manual.

I was able to buy the 08 base Box on ebay earlier this yr for $1K less than my max bid. I think the fact it was a Tip kept bidders away. I'm sure that's why I sold it for $1500 less than it should have sold for (40K mi, 1 owner, no accident nice car). I knew Tips were less valuable than manuals going into the transaction, but the mkt bore it out. I'd never driven a Tip before, but I was impressed with it driving it back to OMA. It was better than I thought it would be. I haven't driven a 986 Tip, so don't know if there were differences between the 987 version. Bottom line is the value is less than a manual.

Back to the OP's question...
If it was AOS, then $4500 would easily be the proper value. But it doesn't sound like an AOS since the smoke is white. Chances are better it's a cracked head. But rollers are worth $3K and this is better than a roller. So I would peg it at $3500 with a bad head. No issue asking $4500. Somebody might pay that. It's not like the seller is hiding anything.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote