View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #10
Pdwight

I just did this

I sawed off the old one with dental floss...took less than 5 minutes. The old adhesive was hard as a rock so I left it to the elements and a few car washes over a few weeks and sure enough it seemed to age quickly. I tied Goof Off (inside the trunk first) and it removed the paint instantly .....DANGER Will Robinson......DANGER

I would up buying this at ORiley's auto for $26

https://www.waresdirect.com/products/commercial-products/3m/general-purpose221227?trackURL=froogle&utm_source=google&utm_source=cpc&scid=scplp15864106&sc_intid=405-051135-08984&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyJi_BRDLusby7_S7z-IBEiQAwCVvn3jyQPw81IUdzVAhZKbo9M4WpNqU-epeOwErCVVT_GYaAqZk8P8HAQ

I out a terry cloth inside the gap between the trunk and the spoiler and soaked the glue....it absorbed it like crazy......left it for 10 minutes and re applied...the glue rolled off with my fingernail easy as pie...no paint harm at all. I did a good soapy wash to remove everything and then waxed the trunk. I could still see the faint outline where the paint had changed due to the sun, I was able to take the new badge and align it perfectly.

Good luck with this
Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote