View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #14
dsallean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
Those pieces of metal don't look ferrous in the image. They look like shaved aluminum. Did they check with a magnet?
I looked all over my office for a magnet before I posted the image above and couldn't locate one. I was going to check when I get home. I have known about the results for 2 days but just got the pieces from the oil pan today.

thstone: Thanks. And I appreciate you outlining the available options. I must say it is disheartening to have this happen. When I got the car, no metal in the filter. No real issues to speak of. I knew that a clutch job was in the near future so I have been getting together the tools/parts to do the clutch, RMS, IMSB and a few other items myself after the fall driving weather in south TX, which can be very nice. As I have said...bummer.

After moping around for 24 hours I decided that I am not selling it as a roller or anything of the sort. The joy per $ quotient of this particular car is better than any other sports car I have owned. And Markus, your option 6 has been what has been rolling around my skull since I found out. My biggest concern is buying a used engine. Woody may have something, I don't know yet and he is not too far from me. But if he doesn't and I need to get one on eBay then how can I know that one I am getting isn't another hand grenade before I put it in? Maybe I just take my chances. Ideally I would prefer to not have to return ship an engine. I have shipped engines before and it is a pain.

Dave
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote