View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #32
Lcrivers816

Midwest LS Boxster meet!!!

I doubled up on the 996 axle spacers on each side to compensate for the axle geometry

It seems like it won't fit or that they will bind but they dont at all, when the car is in the air the wheels/axle drop and push themselves towards the trans side and it seems like there's only room for one. If you jack the wheel up as if it were on the ground you'll see the axle pull away from the trans side, you get it high enough and you can fit two spacers in there once it's all bolted up and it's on the ground, there's play you got in there while its sitting (keyword SITTING, once you hit bumps the wheel is going up therefore, pulling the axle away from the trans not causing anything to bind all while keeping a good amount of cv joint on the wheel side cup.), no binding going on what so ever or any weird noises. I got the correct strength longer bolts for it. I've been driving on them for over 2000 miles now and no issues what so ever. I've launched it on sticky competition track tires and I haven't sheared any bolts off or damaged my axles so it's working so far

Edit:
Here's a similar spacer setup on a R32 Skyline. (I googled a bunch of drift vehicles suspension setups to get to my double/bigger spacer idea I figured that they get so low that their axle geometry has to get out of whack too and lo and behold theirs did!)

18x9 Front 18x11 Rear Wheels
Twin-Turbo LSx Boxster :troll:

Last edited by Lcrivers816; 09-14-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Lcrivers816 is offline   Reply With Quote