View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #11
r00ster

Gilles, thank you for the good luck. Yes, I also pulled the front engine access panel. I did it so I could disconnect the hose and replace that breather valve/hose connector piece (996.107.047.00) that bolts to the engine next to the air conditioning compressor.

I've taken a lot of pictures to help me for when I go to reconnect all the vacuum lines and electrical connections so hopefully it all goes smoothly.

In regards to the o-rings you and Gelbster mentioned: neither my AOS (996.107.026.01) nor my breather hose (996.107.147.58) had an o-ring for the connection between these two parts. A new design? Not sure but my parts catalog shows 4 versions of this hose and 8 versions of the AOS with my part numbers being the "newest" for both parts. I'll look at the lower breather hose nipple on the AOS again to make sure but I didn't see an o-ring.

Anyway, the hose has been completely threaded across the engine to each connection area. Now, I have to install the breather valve hose connector piece (996.107.047.00). Not looking forward to that. The bolt on the forward side of the engine was a breeze but the aft facing bolt - I'll be doing it blind and if I drop it, it will be a nightmare retrieving it. Anyone know the torque specs for these two bolts? My guess would be something in the neighborhood of 10lbs?
r00ster is offline   Reply With Quote